A 2 session course focused on understanding dysregulated eating -- offered in 2 digestible 60-minute segments during your lunch hour.
- Why patients overeat
- Why patients eat when not hungry and fail to stop at enough
- Common Personality Traits & Life Skills deficits of overeaters
- How to start the conversation about weight, weight-loss, and overeating
- The Wellness Skill Set
- Referrals and resources to help patients make progress between medical visits
Award-Winning Companion Text: Helping Patients Outsmart Overeating: Psychological Strategies for Doctors and Health Care Providers, Rowman & Littlefield, 2017.
The 2-session class at a celebratory discount!
Next class March 2018
- Classes will be recorded for those unable to attend the live training.
A 6-session introductory course focused on overcoming overeating and creating a deliberate, meaningful life that reflects your true potential. In this course, we cover the why’s of overeating, how to get unstuck and turn your life from a reactive one into the one you choose, and how to implement constructive, powerful thinking, self-talk, and behaviors that create happiness, independence, and success.
- 6 weekly 1-hour online sessions
- Worksheets to enhance healing and practice new skills
- Access to recordings of past sessions
By Paige O’Mahoney, M.D. and Karen R. Koenig, LCSW, M.Ed., offers a new paradigm for doctors and health care providers who treat patients with eating and weight concerns. It replaces a failed, moralistic focus on calorie restriction and weight-loss with one of fostering sustainable health and wellness, positive body image, improved self-efficacy, and effective self-care.
Cost is $36.00